4.25.2007

"Twitter" away

Intrigued by Justin's "what am I doing ..." box, I wanted one. It sort of seemed like Facebook's "status" feature, which I don't use (because I haven't gotten hooked on that site), but that I'd use if it were on MySpace.


Little did I know it's way more than just a MySpace/blog add-on. Twitter has all kinds of crap going on. Link it to your IM, your cell phone, update it from pretty much anywhere.


Problem is, there's a lot going on, but there isn't a lot of explanation about its purpose on the site. That makes it tricky to convince others to try. Luckily, there are blogs everywhere explaining it. Here's one to get you started.


What's the point? Will I use the thing more than a week? Who knows. But I signed up ... and linked it to my AIM account. Already in less than 24 hours, I've decided to link it to my phone. Just what I need. Another addiction. I fear it has already started. Or maybe not. We'll see.


Check it out. If I keep the thing going, if nothing else, you can for sure bet on getting lots of snippets on my "Elaine" moments. All those little ones that aren't exactly blog-worthy, but still good. This should be the perfect forum. Check for my new "twitters" in the general interests section on my page, or at http://twitter.com/ang_410.

No comments:

Post a Comment