6.28.2006

My new company is being good to me already

Yesterday, we had a little party with some fruit and dessert to say, "Goodbye," to Knight Ridder. Only being with the company three months, I didn't feel as much connection as some of my co-workers might have. It is a shame, though, that a company that used this great ad at one time has met its maker:


But already, my new company, McClatchy, has won bonus points. We were called in to receive t-shirts this afternoon. Upon hearing that we were getting them, I told some people in my department that the true test would be if there are sizes to choose from. Sure enough, walking into the conference room there indeed were boxes for small, medium, large and extra large. Small even! Wow. Yeah, it doesn't take much to impress me. But I have endured years of companies trying to get me to sign up for something to get their free t-shirt ... their extra large, "everyone can get into this" t-shirt that comes down to my knees. Thanks, but I'll pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment