7.02.2006

My apartment

I had some requests for pics of what my apartment looks like, so I finally got around to it, and here they are. And for those of you who might be reading that could care less, I made sure I am in a couple of the pics looking silly, so everyone can enjoy. :)


Living room


Here's the living room, where I showcase the fact that, Nick, I do have the widescreen TV in its proper place now. (Some background: I received a slight amount of crap from Nick while I lived in Springfield because that TV was in my bedroom. Not the most likely place for that type of TV, but that is where it needed to be at the time. Enough said.) The enclosed sunroom doubling as an "office" that I never set foot in is beyond. Computing gets done from my couch. Abby, see the steamer? That doesn't get used much either. I should start calling that room, "The unused crap room." And, yeah ... I won't be leaving my day job to become one of Barker's Beauties anytime soon haha. :)


Bedroom


My bedroom ... the most important aspect of which is that there is a little nook that turned into a perfect home for the Wendy's table. I love my Wendy's table. I don't care what that stupid manager at the Wilson Boulevard Wendy's says.


My view


My apartment looks out onto the complex's courtyard, which is fine, but I would rather not be at ground level if I had my choice. But I guess that is why this larger apartment was priced lower than others based on the location ... and when I say "priced lower," that still means really f***ing expensive when you live alone.


View of D.C.


Here is the view that you can see from one of the two clubrooms that my apartment complex has. This will most likely be the locale that I will watch fireworks from on Tuesday because I have a strong suspicion that I will be too lazy to deal with going into downtown D.C.

All in all, the apartment is great ... as well it better be after I spent days painting the rooms alone ... but there is one problem that I have with the place. And for me, it's a pretty major problem, but I'm trying to overcome my paranoia. The airflow in the bathroom causes the shower curtain to blow in. And I have tried every combination of both doors open, both closed, one closed and one open, fan on, fan off that I can think of ... nothing works. The first shower curtain liner I had was light and flimsy and would pretty much wrap itself all the way around my legs ... it was my own personal horror movie. I spent more time trying to wet the opposite side of the curtain so it might stick to the edges of the tub than I did showering I think. After a couple days of that, I bought one of those thick, heavy-duty types, which is better, but the whole problem is still unacceptable.

No comments:

Post a Comment